Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Fashion Victim

At the moment I am reading Fashion Victim, Our Love-Hate Relationship With Dressing, Shopping, And The Cost Of Style by Michelle Lee. I just picked it up this morning and have finished about 50 pages. Two things in particular have really stuck me thus far.

"If we make denim jeans to last three years, what will we sell until they wear out?" Rodney Runyan, page 47

"We are bulimic shoppers-while bulmics binge and vomit food, the Fashion Victim binges on shopping sprees, then upchucks the unwanted garments shortly afterward." page 55

Fashion Victim was published in 2003 and I believe the problems have only gotten worse! I am interested to find what the rest of the book holds.

On another note I suppose everyone has gotten back to school and the weather has started to cool down. Oh forget it! I don't really have anything especially interesting to say right now. I am going back to rearing my book.

2 Comments:

Blogger indigomast said...

I love those quotes, tht book sounds really good!!


* www.eternal-style.blogspot.com *

5:16 PM, September 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, hmm... yes, I too predict that it will only get worse!

People do that because they think that it gives them a purpose, I think.

Your site here is beautiful!!!

11:28 AM, September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home